Polls about the future of this site.
To celebrate Star Wars days I thought I’d do something that has absolutely nothing to do with May the Fourth. Ha, and you thought this was gonna be star wars themed. I know, I know, I’m just so rude. Well, to get to the point, I’ve been thinking long and hard about what sort of exclusive content I’d bring to my website and you know what? I can’t freaking decide. So, in the hopes that opinion of my readers might finally push me into making a decision, I thought I’d create a poll and see what everyone thinks.
Before you vote please read what I have to say next, very carefully. The options in the first poll are all mutually exclusive. In other words, I will only be doing one of them. The second poll, however is one possibility that could happen in conjunction of any of the three or without any of them ever coming into fruition. Please answer both polls honestly.
There are six poll options, and I’ll break them down so that you can get a better idea of just what exactly you are voting on.
1. How about a weekly serial?
This option is exactly what it sound like, but be aware if I choose this option. It will be in very small chunks, perhaps 500-1000 words and the story would not be Legacy of Earth or any of my ‘big’ projects. It would be something like my super hero tale Psyren’s redemption or a rewrite of Virtually Twisted. These would be raw unedited versions of the story, so there’s that to consider as well.
Just to be clear any stories I post as a serial would eventually find their way to other sites, once they were completed some time in the future. And whatever I do post here would be subject to revisions after they have been posted here and up to the time they are posted on another site.
2. I’d really like to see some more flash fiction.
Again, this is exactly what it sounds like short little stories. For those that are unfamiliar with the format, this would mean short 500 word or so stories which I would post on a weekly basis. Some might be set in various universes I’ve create and some would be standalones.
In a similar matter to the weekly serial any flash fiction I wrote here, would likely be added to a collection and posted on other sites after I felt I had enough to warrant postings.
3. I’d like to see you do some captions, DAW.
This one could theoretically see more than one posting a weak, but I have mixed feelings about this one because I worry about the legal repercussions of using other people’s images in captions. I know many captioners use other’s pictures without permission, but that’s not to say that they may not eventually face legal action in doing so. If I did this, I’d want to do so with images registered under a creative commons license or other similar licenses, but that does severely limit the sort of and number of images at my disposal.
If I did this, these images would probably find their way on to my deviantart account after a set amount of time like a week or two or maybe even a month.
4.Some combination of the above three.
This one has a big caveat, so please be sure to read this. If I were to do some combination of those three options, it wouldn’t mean you’d see all three every week, it would mean one of those three per week. One week I might do a few captions, the next a piece of flash fiction, the week after that, I could make a post from the serial. It would be an exceptionally rare event to see even two of those happen in any given week.
5/6. None of the above.
7/8/9/etc. Make your own suggestion.
- How about a weekly serial? (read above) 31%, 11 votes11 votes 31%11 votes - 31% of all votes
- Some combination of the above three. (read above) 26%, 9 votes9 votes 26%9 votes - 26% of all votes
- Get rid of gray on gray type.* 17%, 6 votes6 votes 17%6 votes - 17% of all votes
- I'd really like to see some more flash fiction. (read above) 11%, 4 votes4 votes 11%4 votes - 11% of all votes
- None of the above, concentrate on finishing Legacy of Earth! 6%, 2 votes2 votes 6%2 votes - 6% of all votes
- I'd like to see you do some captions, DAW. (read above) 6%, 2 votes2 votes 6%2 votes - 6% of all votes
- None of the above, this site is perfect as is! 3%, 1 vote1 vote 3%1 vote - 3% of all votes
Now for poll number two. It’s pretty much self explanatory, so I’ll just let you have at it.
- Unless you open one of your Universes for other authors to play in, this would allow all stories to be found in one place* 43%, 13 votes13 votes 43%13 votes - 43% of all votes
- No, this is your website, keep it that way. 30%, 9 votes9 votes 30%9 votes - 30% of all votes
- Yes, yes, OMFG yes! 27%, 8 votes8 votes 27%8 votes - 27% of all votes
I look forward to seeing people’s answer and I do hope that you will comment below and give me your thoughts. May everyone have a delightfully demented fourth,
Daniel A. Wolfe